Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hootenanny is Closing!


I was torn between keeping this a secret until I got down there myself, or telling my plethora (read: trio) of readers and risking the possibility that they might get to the good stuff first. (They sell Iron Fist shoes! In person! No shipping!) Honestly I'm a little shocked though- this place has been in Cambridge for years and has a prime location in Harvard Square next to its partner Newbury Comics. Its closing is a depressing sign of the times indeed.

Whatever isn't sold will go to Newbury Comics stores for retail, which are now choosing to focus more on clothing in their locations anyway. They also own a relatively-new retail site, punk.com, though the material isn't at all as edgy as the URL indicates. 

(Shout outs to Ellen for the heads up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment