Saturday, April 14, 2012

Keep Up with the Joneses... But Dress like the Drapers

So apparently the Mad Men TV phenomena is not-so-subtly working its way into our wardrobes. I am told that the clothing selection my generation has today is actually unbelievable compared to my parents' growing up in the 50s and 60s. Even Wikipedia acknowledges that starting around the 80s, for the first time we started to see multiple styles and trends coexist instead of just two predominantly 'civilised' or 'countercultural' looks with very few other options, and still very little variety available within those two particular styles.

Regardless, these are great. I'm not sure if I could bring myself to drop that much on mere plastic sunglasses (yet for shoes it would somehow seems justified? and I'll probably wear the sunglasses more?) Till then, desperately waiting for knockoffs.


Kate Spade New York Angelique Retro Sunglasses in in Pink and Pink/Orange ~ $88-$130

Diesel Retro Purple and Orange Sunglasses- $108 

No comments:

Post a Comment